Our client is InSearch for a Logistics Specialist to join their Minnesota team! The ideal candidate will be responsible for accurately and independently leading and executing the logistics needs of the business (both domestic and/or international). They will also support the merchandising and sales teams and oversee the purchase and sales contract management process.
- Verify contract agreement, pricing, and freight rates to ensure accurate invoicing to customers and vendors are paid in a timely manner.
- Execute logistics for the business through daily communication with the management team and stakeholders.
- Lead the overall supply chain process to ensure sales contracts are filled on time and according to terms.
- Plan, negotiate costs, execute, and track activity in transportation system and in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Identify freight cost savings and work with management team on implementing savings.
- Focus on long term strategic sourcing and relationship management with customers, vendors, service providers, etc.
- Track relevant metrics, key performance indicators prescribed by manager with focus on identifying efficiencies.
- Responsible for auditing all origin and destination demurrage and detention claims, taking the lead to acquire all necessary information to convey to Merchandisers, sales and/or Logistics Manager.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of supply chain and logistics experience a must
- Bachelor’s degree in an Ag related field or equivalent work experience needed
- Outstanding communication, attention to detail, customer service and problem-solving skills a must
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and organizational skills needed.
- Agricultural background preferred.
- Export Documentation knowledge a PLUS!!
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
InSearch. We Search. You Succeed.
All services are confidential and free to our candidates.